Today is the second month anniversary of my marriage to a wonderful, sweet, lovely, beautiful, great-cook, talented and patient woman.
Happy 2nd month anniversary darling.
As I was thinking about my marriage on the way to work, I discovered that the second month was completely different from the first month.
The first month was a month of:
1. Discovery. Discovering each other’s habits and traditions was surprising, delighting and frustrating at times.
2. Changes. We both had to adjust to living with each other, which meant a lot of change in our daily routines.
3. Fights. A lot of quarrels over small things. I hit my wife for the first time.
4. New stuff. My bank account balance continued it’s countdown as we purchased essential items like an oven, a book shelf, new cooking utensils.
5. New experiences. Adjusting to a new church is not easy, especially one as huge as DUMC.
6. New responsibilities. Now that I’m not staying with my parents, I have to do a lot of things on my own 🙁
In summary, the first month was very challenging and quite stressful.
In the second month, we both felt more comfortable:
1. We have adjusted to our new daily routines. Meal times and sleeping times more constant (this is important for me!).
2. Less fights as we have resolved most of the small small issues bugging us, like where to put our towels.
3. We went through our first serious moment as a married couple when we thought she was expecting.
4. Growing closer in our spiritual walk together
5. Able to support each other better. This month was full of drama, and we learned to support each other through it.
My wife is very wonderful. I love her very much.
So, for all of you readers who are married. What can I expect in the coming months? Anything to watch out for? Any warnings? Tips?
Photograph by Tanya McConnell
P/S: No, I didn’t buy flowers.