Hi everyone, I have scheduled this post to appear on 8th June morning.
I should already be in Ipoh, and will be there until Sunday night for the wedding banquet organised by Poey Chin’s family. In Chinese marriage tradition, the bride’s parents will hold a banquet to let everyone know that their daughter is getting married. This banquet is supposed to be held on the night before the wedding day. However in our situation we have to hold it one week in advance because of the distance involved.
Just want to let you all know that I will probably not have access to this blog, so I won’t be able to respond to comments until I get back.
Last week I was tagged by BengBeng to do a meme on ten ways how something ticks me off. Here’s my list of ten ways people tick me off.
- Over-sensitive people. People who always read too much into what you did or did not do.
- People trying to be sincere when they’re not.
- The entire American Idol show. They should not come back with another season unless they come up with something fresh. Most of the people applauding in the audience don’t know what they’re cheering for.
- People at Starbucks with their laptops giving you the look that says “I’m so tech savvy surfing the net at Starbucks”. Well, good luck browsing on that unsecured network. Most of them don’t really have any cool websites to browse, so they’re just looking at Yahoo mail or something. Yawwn.
- That taxi driver this morning who tried to cut into my lane and then horn me when I won’t let him come in.
- People listening to techno / club / trance music in their cars, trying so hard to look cool and pretending their ears don’t hurt. Also included in this list are techno / club / trance “artists”.
- Actors who play musicians on TV who don’t even know how to hold their instruments right.
- ‘Programmers’ who do not follow standard coding practices. For example, proper naming conventions, proper spacing, using comments, writing good queries, choosing code readability over showing off your syntax shortcut skills. Proper spelling. Sensible user interface design.
- Those people at PayPal who haven’t managed to fix a bug that has prevented so many Malaysian bloggers from accepting funds into their accounts. Give me an hour and I could solve your program bug.
- Credit card promoters at shopping malls. I don’t appreciate being harassed by them each time I walk past.
It started raining in KL early this morning, and I was still in bed. I woke up because Sushi my Shih Tzu started walking around my room. When he does that it usually means that he wants to go relieve himself, or he’s hungry. I woke up to see his tail down between his legs. Then there was a bright flash, and the sound of thunder came through my windows. Oh, it’s raining. He was scared because of the thunder.
I comforted him, and started to go back to sleep. The temperature was perfect for sleeping, and a cool breeze was coming through my window. I snuggled deeper into my warm blankets when I suddenly remembered I had laundry drying outside.
I quickly rushed outside and grabbed my laundry into my hall. Sushi followed closely at my heels because he didn’t want to be left alone.
After that I washed my feet and went back to bed. Before I could fall asleep again, the rain got heavier. Sushi became more scared with each flash of lightning. I made a little cave for him using some cushions and he went under to hide himself. But after a while he wriggled out and kept walking around my room.
In the end I had to sleep at the side of my bed and hang my arm over the side to keep comforting him.
When it came time to get ready for work, I thought of every single reason not to go to work. I just didn’t want to get up. In the end, after pressing the snooze button for a few times I reluctantly got up. I couldn’t afford to lose any more time at work. Too many projects to finish.
I wish it was Saturday today. I would have slept all the way until noon.
And it warms my heart that Sushi my Scaredy-Cat Shih Tzu needs me and looks for me when he’s afraid.