I seem to have lost my ability to generate blog post topics.
Every time I intend to write something, I get sidetracked with one of the following:
- Is anyone going to be interested in this topic?
- Will I offend anyone?
- Will anyone misunderstand what I’m going to write about?
- Will I breach my privacy?
- Has anyone else written about this same topic?
- Have they done it better?
Not to mention the ‘pressures’ and expectations that:
- I have to be entertaining and/or interesting
- There needs to be some search engine value
All of this means I’m contantly on post-new.php, writing, re-writing and deleting blog posts. Sometimes I can’t even start writing because my mind is going around in circles.
I’m sure many bloggers face the same problem. At least, I hope you do. Because it can’t be easy churning out blog post after blog post for years… and by the way Adino Online is almost 5 years old!
Maybe if I could just find the time to sit down and write without distractions. I wonder if I could have a day just sitting down in a cafe, just writing.
Then I start to doubt myself. What if that doesn’t solve the problem?
I hope I can get over this stage quickly.
Time to go search my brain and my heart for things to share with all of you.
Photo By: Fred Fokkelman