Today I am thinking out loud on the topic of making money with Twitter. Recently I have seen a couple of companies offering ways to get some income by sending sponsored twitter messages.
I have to admit that it is very intriguing and attractive.
How it works is, you sign up with an advertising company, and they will assign messages for you to send out through Twitter. Each time you send a message, you get paid.
The idea is, companies who want to generate online interest in a product or event will use Twitter to quickly create online interest using the power of social connections.
It’s that simple.
- It’s quick money. Sign up, wait for assignments and publish a message using your favorite Twitter client.
- It can supplement your income. Who would decline another way to make money online?
- It doesn’t violate Twitter terms of service
- You might irritate your followers if you keep sending ‘spammy’ messages.
- You may need to have a large number of followers before getting any well paying assignments.
Will You Make Money?
Personally I think that you can make money if you have a large number of followers.
I don’t see how I can make any significant amount of money because I only have around 20 followers to date (hint hint).
Of course, there is a possibility that the advertising company could be really generous.
Will You Do It?
I better stop thinking aloud. Now it’s your turn to tell me what you think.
Do you think you will do it? Have you tried it? How much have you earned?
I am really tempted to try, but on the other hand I don’t want to end up with zero followers!