Last week I was tagged by BengBeng to do a meme on ten ways how something ticks me off. Here’s my list of ten ways people tick me off.
- Over-sensitive people. People who always read too much into what you did or did not do.
- People trying to be sincere when they’re not. Melinda Doolittle looks so fake trying to be humble… “Thank you! Thank you!”.
- The entire American Idol show. They should not come back with another season unless they come up with something fresh. Most of the people applauding in the audience don’t know what they’re cheering for.
- People at Starbucks with their laptops giving you the look that says “I’m so tech savvy surfing the net at Starbucks”. Well, good luck browsing on that unsecured network. Most of them don’t really have any cool websites to browse, so they’re just looking at Yahoo mail or something. Yawwn.
- That taxi driver this morning who tried to cut into my lane and then horn me when I won’t let him come in.
- People listening to techno / club / trance music in their cars, trying so hard to look cool and pretending their ears don’t hurt. Also included in this list are techno / club / trance “artists”.
- Actors who play musicians on TV who don’t even know how to hold their instruments right.
- ‘Programmers’ who do not follow standard coding practices. For example, proper naming conventions, proper spacing, using comments, writing good queries, choosing code readability over showing off your syntax shortcut skills. Proper spelling. Sensible user interface design. If I’m starting to rant… it’s because I’m revamping this ancient ASP system at work. By revamping I mean deleting all the code and putting in my own from scratch. That’s how bad it is.
- Those people at PayPal who haven’t managed to fix a bug that has prevented so many Malaysian bloggers from accepting funds into their accounts. Give me an hour and I could solve your program bug.
- Credit card promoters at shopping malls. I don’t appreciate being harassed by them each time I walk past.
I’m going to tag the previous commentors on this blog, danette [removed: inactive] and cely!
I also want to tag munaks [removed: inactive] (who is an excellent programmer hehe)