Last Saturday my wife the talented cook decided to whip up some spaghetti for lunch, and I decided to photograph and blog about it. This is a quick recipe that you can prepare in less than 20 minutes.
Before I begin, I know some purists out there will say that this isn’t pure spaghetti bolognese (or bolognaise if you’re French). That’s why I call it Spaghetti Blog-naise a special pasta recipe for bloggers 🙂
- Pasta (spaghetti)
- Tomato Paste
- Corned Beef / Minced Beef / Beef Burger Patty
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Can Campbell Cheese and Herbs
- Olive Oil
- Cut up your onion and tomatoes into cubes
- Put the spaghetti soaking water into a pot and bring to a boil. Remember to cover the pot, and you can reduce the heat once it starts to boil (Another tip, once water reaches boiling, additional heat is wasted)
- Heat up your oil in a pan and start frying your onions and tomatoes.
- Put in your meat and make sure it gets cooked.
- Add your tomato paste. We used half a jar. Add some ketchup, then stir to make a consistent sauce.
- Once the water is boiling, add a little olive oil to the water. This will stop the spaghetti strands from sticking together. Put in your spaghetti. It will be ready in 3 or 4 minutes.
- When the sauce starts to simmer, add in some Campbells Cheese and Herb Mix. As an alternative you may add cheese later.
- Serve while hot.
Feel free to customize this recipe with your favourite ingredients!