This time round, I managed to stay with Poey Chin at the hospital. The single rooms were all occupied, so we had no choice but to take a single deluxe room.
The single deluxe room costs RM338 per night (which cost more than a holiday apartment in PD).
The difference is, you get much more floor space, and it comes with a sofa bed.
This is how the sofa looks like in the day time…
At night it transforms into a cosy bed!
Although it may seem expensive (compared to RM90 for a 4 bed sharing room), I think it was money well spent because:
- I got to sleep with Poey Chin, helping her get water, food, get up, change, go to the toilet. I think it helped her feel better to have me close to her.
- I could wait in this comfortable room while waiting for Poey Chin to come down from the OT
- There was more space to put our stuff, didn’t feel so cramped
- More comfortable for visitors
- We got to discharge baby in our room instead of at the discharge room
- A single room with an extra bed will cost RM300, which is almost the same.
Poey Chin kept telling me that I looked like I was on holiday. It felt a bit like staying in a hotel room too, except you have nurses coming in every few hours.
I even went down to Starbucks at night to buy some pastries because we felt like munching some food.
This was Poey Chin’s first day breakfast… porridge, bread and Milo. I like how they cut the crust off the bread.
It was a really pleasant stay. Poey Chin and Daryl were well taken care of.
The only unpleasant thing was the bill haha.
P/S: Tip to save cost: bring your own maternity pads, latex gloves, bed lining, and baby diapers.