It has been two months since I’ve thrown a shot at a bowling alley.
Today I had the luxury of time to sit down and reflect on all the things going on.
There are many things that I want to do, many chores to complete, and a lot of reading to catch up on.
But one thing I really miss is the bowling alley.
Oh my bowling alley darling, here are ten things I miss about you:
- I miss the smell of the equipment and the lanes
- I miss the sound of the bowling pins falling down
- I miss the elation of throwing a strike
- I miss my bowling ball, and also miss peeping at other girls. Oops, I meant other cool bowling balls.
- I miss how I can release stress by channeling negative emotions into hitting the pins
- I miss the anticipation of a few hours of uninterrupted bowling
- I miss the times I forget everything else, when I am focused on bowling
- I miss the opportunity to improve my skills
- I miss just sitting there, dreaming of one day owning a bowling alley of my own
- I miss the satisfaction of an improved score, or the agony of a lousy score
I guess I’ll have to make do with bowling on my Nintendo Wii now (yes, I wrote that post on Squidoo).
How about you? Do you miss an activity because you don’t have time? What was that activity and when was the last time you did it?
Any other bowling fans out there who miss bowling?