Today in our team meeting, my manager uncovered our plan for the third quarter of this year. I came out of the meeting feeling like I had been hit by a tsunami… a tsunami of work that is…
In the past quarter I rushed so hard to clear off my workload before going off for my wedding. I managed to complete my part in three projects:
- I made four modifications to a vendor application and deployed it to all branches.
- I revamped our company’s membership web application (will be released soon), giving the website double the functionality and a brand new interface.
- I completed detailed documentation for over eighty user processes.
This quarter, I have to work on the following:
- Manage implementation for an SMS portal
- Make even more enhancements to the afore-mentioned membership web application (complete in 2 weeks!)
- Build a new module to cater for a new payment scheme (complete in 1 month)
- Create a report in one system from data in another system.
I’m not complaining, because I like to keep busy in the office. It’s just that there’s so much to do all of a sudden.
I guess honeymoon is over 🙂
In an unrelated news item, the Spice Girls are going on a reunion tour! You have to sign up at their website just to get the chance to be selected to buy concert tickets.
It’s going to be great to see Geri, Victoria, Mel B, Mel C, and Emma reprising their roles as Ginger, Posh, Scary, Sporty and Baby. Apparently there’s a ‘Greatest Hits’ album on the way as well. I hope with all my heart that the Girl Power team have improved on their singing.
P/S: If you implemented an SMS portal before, can give me some contacts for GSM modem vendors?