Daddy In an Accident

Yesterday morning my dad was hit by a car as he was cycling in Kota Kemuning.

I don’t have much time to write this, but here’s the main points

  1. We think he was hit from behind
  2. I got a call from my mom in the morning and rushed over to Klang GH
  3. My mom wanted to transfer to a private hospital, but the one we tried nearest to our home did not accept him. I had to decide to admit him into Klang GH.
  4. I spent the entire day in the ER waiting and waiting and waiting for each procedure to be done. It took hours to get anyone to come.
  5. TheX-rays showed a fracture in the skull. “Slight discontinuity” is what the medical officer said, but I don’t know what that means.
  6. Four hours later we got a CT scan which shows no bleeding in the brain. He was moved to ICU for observation.
  7. Seven hours after his accident, my dad got his wounds dressed and his head wound sutured.
  8. After they were done, we had to wait ONE HOUR to move him to a ward.
  9. I know I am being too posh when I say this, but the ward is worse than what I ever expected. My dad’s bed is beside a prisoner escorted by three police men.
  10. My mom spent the night there, and I will be going over soon to take over from her
  11. Today we will try to transfer my dad over to SMC or Assunta for better recuperative care plus get some second opinion diagnosis, since we are worried about internal injuries to his body.
  12. The driver of the car who hit him has came to apologize and offer support but hinted that he wants to ‘settle’ because he cannot afford to lose his license. But we still have to make a police report for insurance claims purposes.

I have nothing against government hospitals. In fact I think the doctors are highly experienced and trained. It’s just that the attention is too slow due to the huge number of people they have to attend to. Plus, Klang is quite far away for me to travel to.

Yesterday daddy could move his limbs, and can talk and respond to questions. But he said that he felt dizzy although there was no vomiting. He also seemed very tired and sleepy, but I’m guessing that his body is handling the trauma.

I have two specific prayer needs:

  • My dad will feel better today, good enough to at least sit up.
  • We will be able to transfer to a private hospital without further trauma.

Wow, one day in hospital and I picked up so many medical terms already.

Anyway, all through the day one phrase came to mind. “Yet will I praise Thee“, which is a song we sang on Saturday celebration in DUMC. And I do praise God, not that I enjoy my dad being hurt, but because I know I can trust in Him and I can see a lot of God’s blessing all through yesterday which came in many forms.

It was an extremely emotional day for me yesterday, but I can’t show any of it. I have another long day ahead of me.

I got to go now. As I write this my sis has arrived at the hospital. She flew over last night from Melbourne.

12 thoughts on “Daddy In an Accident”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *