Outdoor wedding ideas are often discussed while making wedding plans. Having your wedding outdoors can make your wedding an unforgettable experience for you as a couple and your guests.
Many engaged couples making wedding plans would give some thought to outdoor wedding ideas, because an outdoor wedding can be so romantic and beautiful.
My sister will be getting married in October, so I was inspired to write a wedding related blog post today.
In this post, I have brainstormed and compiled a list of 50 outdoors wedding ideas. Some of these ideas are from movies I?EUR(TM)ve seen. Feel free to mix and match them for your wedding. I have loosely grouped the outdoor wedding ideas by themes.
Outdoor weddings are wonderful because they are scenic, special, and romantic.
In some cases, you don?EUR(TM)t even have to pay for the outdoor wedding venue. You can even save a little on decorations because nature has provided a beautiful setting for your wedding.
Outdoor weddings can also be more informal. They are perfect if you want a fun or contemporary wedding.
There are some drawbacks that could cause you to abandon any outdoor wedding ideas. First there?EUR(TM)s the weather. I?EUR(TM)ve been to an outdoor wedding where the sky looked like it was going to rain. I?EUR(TM)ve been to another where it actually rained!
It really depends on your local climate and weather patterns. Some countries have hot scorching weather, and some have freezing snow.
Brides might have a problem keeping their hair looking perfect in the wind, or have problem wearing high heeled shoes outdoors.
I think that you can overcome any of these problems with proper planning and creative ideas. On to the list of outdoor wedding ideas:
Outdoor Wedding Ideas For the Sea
1. Wedding on the beach. Bride and groom make their vows standing in the gentle waves as flower petals are floating on the water.
2. Hawaiian sunset themed wedding on the beach. After the ceremony, wedding reception guests can enjoy the cool sea breeze and feast on Hawaiian food.
3. Wedding on a cliff overlooking the sea. A gazebo is setup for the bride and groom. The view will be amazing.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean themed wedding.
5. Wedding on board a cruise ship. This will be better if the cruise ship?EUR(TM)s route takes you past beautiful scenes on the sea or river side.
6. Hire a private yacht for your guests and hold the wedding on the deck.
7. Wedding on a secluded island. This will be great if you are a celebrity and/or want privacy.
8. Jamaican themed wedding with your wedding band playing reggae and island music.
9. Romantic sunset wedding underneath a stand of palm trees on the beach.
10. Beach Boys wedding theme with a lot of beach music and classic rock ballads.
11. Underwater wedding. Bride and groom put on scuba gear and make their vows under the sea.
Exotic Outdoor Wedding Ideas
12. Wedding in a rice field / wheat field. In the evening, these fields will be a beautiful golden color.
13. Wedding beside a beautiful waterfall, in the middle of a tropical rain forest.
14. Fruit orchard wedding. The fragrance of fruit will enhance all the love that is in the air. Word of advice: avoid durian orchards.
15. Vineyard wedding. Hold your wedding in a beautiful vineyard, and serve a nice selection of wines produced in that local area.
16. Village / community / street wedding. Close off a section of road or your town (with permission from authorities) and hold a wedding feast in the midst of your local community.
17. If you live in the northern countries, you can make your vows under the aurora borealis night sky.
18. Wedding in a farm house setting, with livestock in the background. The wedding reception menu can feature food that is produced right there at the farm.
[ad#Outdoor Wedding 2]
Historical or Cultural Outdoor Wedding Ideas
19. Malay wedding. Bride and groom dress in traditional Malay costumes, and Malay food is served to guests.
20. Victorian themed wedding. Bride and groom dress in Victorian era designs, and the wedding will have lots of lace, little teacups and elaborate floral arrangements.
21. Medieval theme. Brides can dress as a princess and grooms can choose to be either a prince or a knight. The bride can arrive seated on a horse, and later the bride and groom can ride off together.
22. Arabian themed wedding.
23. Scottish theme weddings. The groom and his best men wear kilts. Even better if you can book your wedding venue on the grounds of a castle.
24. Thai or Indian theme. Bride and groom arrive on an elephant.
Unusual Outdoor Wedding Ideas
25. Wedding in space. Take a flight on board the Virgin Galactic space craft and exchange your vows at the edge of earth?EUR(TM)s atmosphere.
26. Cave men wedding theme. Think Flintstones, or tribal themes. Lots of beating drums. Meat roasting in a fire pit.
27. Fear Factor themed wedding. The bride and groom eat yucky bugs to prove their love to each other.
28. Bride and groom exchange vows while skydiving. Guests assemble at the landing zone and applaud as the just-married couple touchdown in their parachutes.
29. Mountain top wedding. The couple can exchange vows standing on the top of a mountain.
30. Lord of the Rings Theme wedding. Guests dress as elves, dwarves, kings.
31. Chess theme wedding. Bride and groom can dress as king and queen chess pieces. Decorations will be in black and white. The priest will obviously dress as the bishop.
32. Hire a drive thru movie lot for a day. Guests sit in their cars, watch the wedding take place on a large screen, while being served by waiters on roller skates.
33. Have a wedding during the eclipse of the sun. I’m not sure if some consider this a bad omen though.
34. Schedule your wedding to coincide with a meteor shower.
35. Harley Davidson or biker theme wedding. Lots of loud bikes, leather and tattoos!
36. Join a mass wedding at a stadium or temple. Up to hundreds of couples get married at a single event on special dates such as 10/10/10 or 01/11/10.
37. Antique cars theme. Bride and groom arrive in classic cars.
38. If your home is big enough, have a wedding on your lawn or back yard.
39. Pets wedding. Most indoor wedding venues don’t allow pets. Have an outdoor wedding and involve your pets in the occasion.
40. Amazing Race wedding. Leave clues for the groom and his best men to find where the bride is hiding. At each checkpoint, he and his men must perform tasks to prove his love, valor and courage.
41. Charter a private jet and have your wedding ceremony 10,000 feet above the ground.
42. Star Wars theme wedding.
43. Glee theme wedding. The wedding could have a high school theme. There will be singing, lots of singing. As an alternative, you could use a Grease theme.
44. Green wedding. Wedding makes use of recycled products for decoration. Food for wedding reception is sourced from local farmers.
45. Wedding at the place you met. It could be a park or your university.
46. Have your wedding at a theme park. If you can afford it, exchange your vows at Disneyland!
Hotels or Restaurant Outdoor Wedding Ideas
47. Pool side wedding. Guests can come dressed in beach wear, and your wedding reception can turn into a pool side party.
48. Garden wedding. Choose a hotel with beautifully landscaped grounds for your wedding.
49. Al fresco wedding. Find a restaurant beside a scenic location like a lake, get them to set up tables outdoors and have a wedding under the starry night sky. Arrange a fireworks display to end the evening.
50. Garden wedding with color themes. The color combinations you can select are limitless. You could also choose color themes by season (spring, summer, fall).
Which outdoor wedding idea is the most appealing to you?
Do you have any good ideas to add? Share in the comments below and I might add it to the list!
[tags]Outdoor Wedding Ideas[/tags]
Photos By: Benjamin Earwicker, tibchris, zoutedrop, o b s k u r a, Robert Nyman, Scott Snyder