Today we had a bit of free time, my parents took care of Rachel for the day.
I spent the day doing PHP coding for a project at work, and during a break we decided to make a cheesecake.
This time we had a recipe to follow, but were missing a couple (optional) ingredients.
This is the end result: my mummy’s cheesecake recipe.
Looks a bit like a pizza from the top. Here’s how a slice of cheese cake looks after it has set (also after I adjusted white balance):
Recipe is simple:
- Crush a cup of biscuits (digestive or Marie variety) and mix with half a pack of butter.
- Line the biscuits in a pan and chill in freezer for ten minutes.
- Mix a packet of cream cheese with half a cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of milk, juice from 1/2 a lemon and a bit of vanilla essense.
- Mix till it’s creamy, non-lumpy and smooth.
- Prepare about 1/2 cup of gelatin liquid and add to the creamy mixture.
- Remove the biscuit base from the freezer, pour in the cream cheese mixture and place in fridge to set for a few hours.
- Sprinkle any remaining biscuit crumbs on top for decoration.