In the past few months, I have been investing a lot of time, energy and money into financial education.
To be specific, I’ve started reading Personal Money, The Edge, and I’ve already finished seven personal finance books:
- The Millionaire in Me – Azizi Ali
- Millionaires Are From a Different Planet – Azizi Ali
- How to be a Property Millionaire – Azizi Ali
- Growing Your Money – Azizi Ali
- Why We Want You To Be Rich – Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki
- Your Money and Your Brain – Jason Zweig
- Secrets of Self Made Millionaires – Adam Khoo
Books 1, 2 and 5 I bought, the rest are from the library. And I’m going to the library this Saturday to borrow even more finance books!
After reading those books, I realize that I’ve made some mistakes, specifically with regards to insurance and financial planning. I just hope it’s not too late for me to recover from those mistakes.
I’ve also made some drastic changes to my financial management.
The thing is, nobody takes me seriously. They think I’m being stingy.
Am I really so money minded?
I don’t know about the others, but I have dreams I want to achieve. I want to have a comfortable home and a middle class lifestyle for my family. I want to provide for my children’s education and to have enough for retirement.
Based on my calculations, I will need millions to achieve those dreams!
I feel nobody takes me seriously.
It feels so lonely. I feel like I’m the only one who sees impending doom while everyone else is partying and laughing at me.
I wonder if there’s a support group I can join.
Photo By: Steve Woods