I’m 28 today. 28 is such an auspicious number… pray for God’s blessings and abundance to be in my life 🙂
Last year was the best year of my life so far! I got married to Poey Chin, my wonderful, loving, sweet and adorable young wife. I found direction in my career, and was able to contribute to several projects in my company.
I started attending DUMC, where God is challenging me out of my comfort zone and complacency.
I started blogging, which is the single most fulfilling thing I have done so far because I love to write. Best of all, I have found so many new online friends who are all excellent bloggers too.
I have a lot more to look forward to in my 28th year of life.
On my special day, allow me to compare 28 things that are different between me at 28 and when I was 18:
- I’m 1 cm shorter than when I was 18.
- Not a virgin any more. I don’t blush so much now when talking to some female colleagues.
- More money in my bank account.
- Owe the bank money instead of bank owing me money.
- No more time to play computer games.
- I can’t stand amusement park rides any more.
- I can’t stay up until 3am any more.
- I drink ‘kurang manis’ (less sugar) and ‘kosong’ (no sugar) drinks.
- Like to eat mushrooms and tofu now. Used to hate the taste.
- Cannot buy tech toys and gadgets by impulse. Have to spend within a budget.
- Less likely to lose my temper. I’m more calm and zen-like when encountering tense situations.
- I can play the bass much better now.
- My knees hurt after playing basketball or jogging.
- I’ve grown a habit of keeping things neat and labeling everything.
- Everything I learned until I was 18 was either outdated or propaganda.
- There are things I can never do any more (like trying out for the NBA). Some dreams have died.
- I have to take care of other people now, instead of being taken care of.
- I finally got some hair on my legs.
- My pants have increased 2 sizes (size 37 now for those of you thinking of buying me pants).
- I learned that speaking 1 wise sentence is more effective than giving 10 dumb speeches.
- I found the woman God created to be my wife. No more sleepless nights worrying about my life partner.
- I have great friends around me instead of friends all over the globe studying overseas.
- I can understand Mandarin.
- I know now that 90% of the stuff I was worried about growing up (e.g. career, marriage) was all for nothing.
- I can’t eat four Big Macs at one time any more.
- I get nostalgic sometimes.
- I’m careful who I choose to be my friends after being hurt several times.
- My birthday and other major celebrations like Christmas and New Year doesn’t mean much to me anymore. After 20 plus times, it gets repetitive and predictable.
Hope I didn’t bore you, my dear readers 🙂
You wouldn’t believe that last Friday’s post about car alarms had 1200 unique hits but only 1 comment! I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with my WordPress software, my blog template or something 🙁
Anyway, things continue to be really busy at work and at home, so I only have time to post once every two days or so.
Just wondering if any of you readers share the same birthday with me?